At Majestic Minds mental health and autism services we provide OT to people of all ages who have physical, sensory, or cognitive difficulties. OT can help client regain independence in all areas of their lives.
We have an extensive team of professional therapists that work collaboratively on client’s goals. We offer OT services in the center and in home.
Occupational therapy can help a client with the following:
- Develop fine motor skills so that can grasp and release toys and develop good handwriting or computer skills.
- Develop Gross Motor Skills to help run, ride bikes, balance, and do many other physical activities.
- Improve hand-eye coordination
- Master basic life skills such as bathing, getting dressed, brushing teeth, and self-feeding.
- Learn positive behaviours and social skills by practicing how they manage frustration and anger.
- Get special equipment to help build their independence. These include wheelchairs, splints, bathing equipment, dressing devices, and communication aids.